[3830] SS CW K3STX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3stx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K3STX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 19:37:58 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:
   80:  302
   40:  147
   20:  103
   15:    4
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, that was both fun and painful. I think most of the FUN was the
anticipation; the pain was realizing that I have a third-rate station with a
second-rate operator! Look at my score, you see anything missing? HIGH BAND
QSOs!!! The dipoles just don't cut it, I was going crazy trying to hear either
of the two VY1 stations and no luck AT ALL! So I'm left at 79, what a bummer. I
can understand no QSO's on 15, after all there are no sunspots, but 20 should be
a daytime QSO while I really didn't operate during the day (only 3 hours today),
my 20M score really brought me down.

It was fun, and really GREAT to run into the NCCC Sprint regulars. Instead of a
"5NN", EVERY contest should require your NAME in the exchange, it makes it more
fun.

See ya in 2 weeks when I don my yacrophone (yuk). I'll be the LID who doesn't
know phonetics. Doing this shows true love to my team.

GO PVRC!!!!!!

TS-850S/Al-811 amp (400 watts)
40 M dipole up 30 feet
ladder-line fed 80 M vertical up 60 feet
paul K3stx