[3830] SS CW K1EP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ep@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1EP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 03:00:38 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:    0
   80:  132
   40:   85
   20:  124
   15:   12
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I was still a bit tired from CQWW and had a few obligations, so I didn't put in
a full 24 hours.  I got a late start as I had to mess with the computer when it
didn't function as it was supposed to.  That's it for excuses :)  I wanted to
see how the K3 did in CW contest conditions.  It seemed to do rather well, the
DSP filters were easy to use to knock out offending signals.  The CW tune
function was great.  But it did show me how many people can't zero beat a
signal :)  I was running a K3/100 to a 160M inverted L, so not only did I have
a non-directional pattern, I had difficulty matching on some of the bands.  Of
course, I didn't hear NWT or some of the other VE sections, like NL, MB,  I
even missed VE2.  I heard only one VE2 and he had a pileup.  I tried coming
back a little later and he was gone.  I heard a NE station in S&P mode but
couldn't snag him.  And I also missed NLI for some reason.  I heard a KH6
station, but he couldn't hear me.  Sections missed: NE, NLI, PAC, AK, MB, NL,
NWT, QC.  Usually, ND is a rare SS CW station, but I heard several of them on
during the weekend.  I guess the rare ones change from year to year!  Thanks
for all the Q's and see you in SS Phone.