[3830] SS CW K4BAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K4BAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:30:21 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 22:54

------------
  160:    0
   80:  369
   40:  364
   20:  302
   15:   46
   10:    0
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW output, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee.  Thanks to
KU8E for coming by after work and making a perfect throw with his rod and reel
to get the north end of the zepp back up high in the tree.  Obviously, I
handled the off-time badly, slept too long, and missed an hour of operating.
All bands were very quiet here.  No signals at all on 10M.  15M was very good
to the west coast, Caribbean, and Pacific.  20M stayed short and stayed open
longer Saturday than usual.  40M was almost useless when I got there, with long
skip, and I couldn't get a run going.  But 80 made up for it with good rates and
good signals from coast to coast.  Turned out to be my best band.  40M was very
good on Sunday up until the end of the contest period.  20M was pretty good
here except during mid-day when the skip seemed long and most backscatter
signals seemed to be under my power-line noise floor.  Missed NT.  Thanks for
all the QSOs.  Please look for us (K4BAI, KU8E, KZ5D, and K5OT) on Bonaire,
Netherlands Antilles, Nov. 20-27.  PJ4/home calls and PJ4A in CQ WW CW.  QSL
all five calls via K4BAI.