[3830] CQWW SSB VE7UQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenjclarke@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE7UQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:47:57 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7UQ
Operator(s): VE7UQ
Station: VE7UQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

  160:
   80:   19     4        5
   40:   25    11        9
   20:  224    36       23
   15:  356    37       16
   10:   15     5        4
------------------------------

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Operated this one from the cottage at Timothy Lake. Was hoping to head up there
Thursday, but that didn't happen. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive from home in Surrey,
I arrived 3 hours prior to the contest start with all the radio equipment etc
sitting in boxes on the back seat of the truck. There was no time to waste to
get the truck unloaded, station set up, tower cranked up, G5RV hung, wood stove
fired up etc etc.

All things considered, the contest went okay, but only having a G5RV for 40M
and 80M meant there wasn't much to work after sunset. So thats a priority, 40M
and 80M antenna improvements and have to come up with something for 160M that
will fit on my 1/2 acre. Also think an amplifier might be finding its way home
with me from Dayton 2008.

It is always a treat to operate a contest from the cabin, don't have to worry
about the phone ringing (since there isn't one), the only interruptions are
usually to reload the wood stove. Miss the internet (and running water!), but
that's a story for another time.

Thanks to all the stations that called me, looking forward to the next one!