[3830] SS CW K1KD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, yccc@yccc.org
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1KD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:07:24 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1KD
Operator(s): K1KD
Station: K1KD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  348
   40:  371
   20:  277
   15:   62
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This will be my last contest from Vermont as I am relocating my family to
Rochester, MN at the end of the year.  It has been a great ten years living and
contesting from this beautiful state, but the time has come to move back closer
to my family in the Midwest.  Thanks to everyone for all the contest QSO's
throughout the years!

   Special thanks to KT1J for the use of his Acom amplifier which was a great
addition to the operating equipment.  This contest was also the first time to
really exercise my full SO2R capability.  A pair of Kenwood TS-850's and my
homebrew 2x6 antenna switch (thanks KK1L) for selecting any six antennas
between two radios worked great.  I also got to try out some new YCCC
bandpass filters which made two radio contesting even possible given the close
proximity the antennas are to one another.  After having run SS with two radios
I can't imagine going back to using just one especially during the slow hours on
Sunday night!  I'm hooked!

   Interestingly, LAX and NLI were two section that didn't get into my log
until near the end.  When it was all said and done, I ended up missing NWT for
the sweep.