[3830] CQWW SSB A71BX(@A71EM) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mccarty@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB A71BX(@A71EM) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:18:55 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: A71BX
Operator(s): A71BX, A71EM, K5GN, KI4MF
Station: A71EM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Qatar
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:    7     3        7
   80:  104    13       61
   40:  712    30      103
   20: 1307    32      124
   15: 1213    31      125
   10:  304    21       78
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Big fun in the sun in Doha, Qatar.  Juma, A71EM, suggested a multi-single about
two weeks ahead of the contest.  He had been promising Ali, A71BX, they would
multi-op together and invited me and Hank KI4MF to join them.  His next words
were we don't have a working 80 or 160 antenna.  So we put up an Alpha Delta
sloper on his fixed tower a week before the contest and got it working.  Too
much noise made us go the whole 9 yards and put up a short beverage for
Europe/NA.  Juma set up two stations so we could make faster band changes.  He
has a small tower on the house and a small crankup next to it, each with a
tribander, one with the sloper and one with a rotary dipole for 40.  The night
before the contest we finished the beverage and began to cut and solder coaxial
stub filters for the amplifier outputs which also went through full-power
matchboxes, providing enough station isolation to work multipliers on the
second station.  Juma insisted we take time out for lunch each day, and we
stopped a bit before the end (3AM start and finish).  Good fun all around, and
we even had some 10m condx!

For the group,

Dave K5GN in A7