[3830] SS SSB KD0S(WD0T) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@mncomm.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KD0S(WD0T) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 04:37:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KD0S
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: KD0S

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  672
   40:  367
   20:  839
   15:    1
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

In all my years of doing SS I have not seen band results like this, with 80m
being such a dominant band from here in central SD, and 40m being very long by
the time I got there both days. Usually the big Q numbers are on 20 and 40m,
and 80 picks up 200 or so Q's.  Anyhow, it was VERY interesting how things
worked on 80m, I actually used the vertical to make more Q's than the dipole.
Conditions were actually very good noise wise, and were very quiet Saturday,
with Sunday having some more noise. I had two hours on 20m, with rates in the
mid 140s, and just 1 hour on 40m above 100 Q's.  80m didn't break the 100 Q
mark, but was consistently in the 80-90 Q range per hour, so not bad.

The bands were very packed with signals as usual during the minimum, will be
great to get some spots back to perk up the other bands and spread things out
again.

Congrats to George K5TR and WP3R and others for the big scores, thanks for the
fun and Q's again, great to work the regulars and also the new guys! 73 God
Bless.

Todd WD0T