[3830] SS SSB W4NF SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john.omara@oakmgmt.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W4NF SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 04:50:34 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:
   80:  469
   40:  339
   20:  345
   15:   31
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was the Shakedown Cruise for the station after being in storage for almost
a year while the basement was being finished (our contractor works real slow).
I was planning on doing SO2R with the new FT 2000 and the FT 1000MP with the
Microham MK2R+.  I started out on 20 Meters and had a good run n the first
hour.  I was going to start using the second radio when the rate started to
slow down.  I was using the SO2R box for my CQ message and that seemed to work
fine.  Sometime in the 5th hour of the contest the SO2R box went haywire.  I
lost my DVK message and could not record another.  It was too late to try and
figure out what went wrong (after about and hour or two of messing around with
it) so I grabbed my old MFJ DVK off the shelf and plugged it in.  The damage
was done though.  With rates of 26, 31 and 26 in the 6th - 8th hours there was
no way to recover.

So there is the excuse. - I did have fun though and the new Radio Shack with
carpet, nice lighting and a comfortable chair were very welcome and made the
contest very enjoyable.

VY1JA was my last section for the Sweep and I used every filter that the FT
2000 had to be able to hear J durng the early afternoon period on 20 Meters on
Sunday.  There was someone operating real close in frequency and the associated
splatter was tough to hear through.  Thanks J for the QSO and the Sweep.  Thanks
to everyone for the Qs and I'll see you in the next one.  73, Jack W4NF