[3830] SS SSB N4PN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N4PN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 05:06:22 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MACON,GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    1
   80:  709
   40:  350
   20:  279
   15:  114
   10:    0
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one was about as good as it could get for those of us who don't have a
"killer station." Thursday I put up a reflector (wire) for 40 and 80 meters
making a 2el something that seemed to work well.
40m was weird and had a hard time finding an open spot which really didn't
matter Saturday night as there was very few signals anyway. 80m was great and
sounded more like 40 should have. 20m worked well as long as I stayed up high
in the band, usually around 14.342.
Looking at the band summary during the contest, it looked really strange to see
more Q's on 80m than 40m and more Q's on 40m than 20m?? Looking at some of the
posted scores, like Jerry, WB9Z - see the same thing. 15m was great with
signals from 6,7 and 0's that about knocked me out of the chair.
VO1TA was everywhere for NL and got Jay, VY1JA fairly early on Saturday. Last
four mults were TN?? (77), PAC (78), SB (79) and sweep which took almost 15
minutes - W7DK (UT) on 15m as guess lots of others needed that one even tho he
was 10db over 9.
Good to hear so many CK's 06 and 07's on and never worked so many QRP stations
before. Many from the west coast with goods signals on all bands. Life is still
to short for QRP here but after getting beat up on 20m and moving a hundred
times was beginning to feel that LP was not a very good idea either.
But it was great fun even if someone did remind me that it was nothing more
than a WAS contest....always great to hear ole friends to share a quick word
other than the exchange. Good to hear Pat, N9RV from new QTH in MT.
Thanks for all for the Q's.
73, Paul, N4PN