[3830] SS SSB K1RX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpride@us.ibm.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K1RX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:04:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  422
   40:  181
   20:  148
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Short effort this time.  I spent most of Saturday taking down a tower and
antenna, go home about 2 hours after the start, 20 was going away fast and 40 M
was tough.  80 M went long in a hurry.  Caused some QRM when the band started
acting weird - this in combination of using my low dipole (which was
tremendous) and my 4 SQ to the west managed to upset a certain 8 lander who
launched a long speech about frequency useage to which I responded with the
turn of the main tuning knob and find a new spot - life is too short to get
wrapped around the axle over stuff like this.  Just move on...  Loved seeing
the full use of the 80 M phone band (for a change!).

Was not serious about this one, just helping out the boys! Missed KL7 and NT
although I heard J work a 7 and them move along. Lots of KL7 guys operating
portable which was, well okay I guess.

73, Mark, K1RX

See ya in the WW CW test next week!