[3830] SS SSB K6NV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6NV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:56:05 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SV
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:   59
   40:  271
   20:  116
   15:  121
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Missed CT, VT, NT, NL, QC.  No excuse for CT and VT, I heard stations but was
going for rate when I should have stopped and gone for them.  With NL and QC I
didn't want to spend time trying to break the pileups.  Both were on 20m, I had
to keep the power to 500w on 20m to avoid a neighbor problem (she just
complains, but won't let me into her house to see if the problem can be fixed,
I suspect it is the wiring for her surround sound, 15m appears to be no
problem) and keep the beam pointed east.

Those who spotted me, thanks, I can always tell when I get spotted when the
rate starts to climb.

Like we all noticed 20m was a challenge, and from this station almost
impossible to get any type of run established, had a few moments on 20m where
the rate meter went up, but they were rare.  Had a couple of good short runs on
15m, but lack of sations there hurt all of us.  The best news for me was 40m, 2
weeks ago W6EU and K6ST helped me get the 40m dipole up higher, it is 80'+ on
the ends, it really plays great and was "golden".  Lack of a better term, 80m
really sucked here, I did not even feel loud, amazing on Thur night NS I get
great reports of being loud with the low vee, going to re do it into an "L" or
high dipole.  Also with the 80m vee I have RF getting into my voice keyer and
shutting it down 1/2 way through the exchange, thought I had that problem
fixed, but it suddenly reoccured late Sat night.

The NCCC rallies paid good dividends for me, especially on Sun- good job guys,
tnx for those Q's.  Fell short of my personal challenge to get at least 600Q's,
but just could not get anything going on 80m when 40m went too long.

Equipment worked almost flawlessly:
FT-1000MP
AL-80b @ 1kw out all bands except 20m
3 el yagi up 65'