[3830] SS SSB K0HC School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K0HC School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:34:03 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH N0LQU N0LRA
Station: K0HC

Class: School Club HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  573
   40:  327
   20:  500
   15:   11
   10:
------------

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

After several training sessions in the Hesston College computer lab and Friday
night on-the-air practice, four students and three faculty/staff operators were
READY! It was great to chat with the other school stations including some we've
never worked before. It was also fun to see the confidence in our students
build as the hours went by and they took their turns helping at the run
station.

Although rates the first three or four hours were lower than previous years due
to the incredibly crowded band conditions on 20m, the often "difficult" sections
came easily. Our "countdown" was 5 NV 4 SJV 3 MT 2 LAX 1 BC SWEEP at 0759Z
(thanks VE7CC). Big cheer in Kansas! We eventually recovered from 130 Qs down
and ended up with 3 more contacts than last year.

Thanks to all of you who worked us, offered encouragement to us along the way,
and showed great patience when needed. We hope we work you all again next
year!

73, Bob, w0bh
Hesston College ARC, k0hc