[3830] CQWW CW W3UA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3ua@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W3UA M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:48:40 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W3UA
Operator(s): NU3C, W3UA
Station: W3UA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:  108    14       63
   80:  263    22      100
   40:  858    34      132
   20: 1220    30      125
   15:  132    24       97
   10:    7     5        7
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Do you like nice weather? We hate it. For several months we struggle with power
line noise. When it is clear and dry outside, no guesswork -- noise is here. It
comes right from EU direction -- so effectively we could not hear anything while
others had their runs on 20 and 15. 10 was out of question altogether. The only
remedy was low steppir beaming Africa for receive... which thus could not be
used by the mult position. Still could not dig out a lot of callers. Sorry guys
for zillion of QRZ and misspelled calls.

A lot of new equipment -- a lot of failures. Fortunately, nothing serious, just
annoying. This contest for our mini-team should be classified as real life
"break-in".

Getscores.org was really fun to watch... we jealously watched how other guys
(especially K1IR) were building scores while we were listening to noise
(sometimes up to 10 dB over S9). I wish there were more people willing to share
their glory (or misery, like us) in real time ...