[3830] CQWW CW NS3T SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ns3t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NS3T SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:55:54 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: FM19
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:  234    19       78
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

With relatives visiting and family events on Friday night, Saturday evening and
Sunday, I knew there was no chance to do an all-band effort, so I opted for 80
meters and managed to squeeze in 16 hours of action.

Four years ago when I moved into my current house, I had a total of 33
countries on 80 meters, so to get 78 in one weekend with 19 zones was pretty
good.

Best DX was ZS4TX on the first night and LT1F the second, which gave me my
final two mults of the contest.  I heard but could not work zones 30, 32 and
23.  Never heard a peep out of KL7 and I missed a couple of Caribbean mults
that were evidently active.

Conditions were odd at times.  Stations that were 20 over 9 CQ'd in my face
repeatedly.  The skip must have been long because I heard US stations well
inland working DX that I could barely hear.

My goal was to do better than the W3 record for LP SOSB 80 and I did that by
sunrise on Saturday morning.  I didn't have much time on the second night,
missing Saturday sunset and the first five hours of darkness.  Then by 3:30 am
local time, I was falling asleep on the keyboard and had to give up on a second
attempt to gather some Pacific mults.

Thanks to everyone for all the contacts.  Please pass on your stories and
photos to me over at http://www.radio-sport.net for our CQWW CW coverage.

73 Jamie NS3T
TS-2000
100 watts
antennas for 80 meters were five inverted L's;
some were phased for certain directions