[3830] CQWW CW N7WA SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N7WA SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:25:30 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:    0     0        0
   20:  369    27       80
   15:    0     0        0
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Knowing it was going to be a LP SOSB/20 operation, I started the
week by listening to and recording the NCDXF beacon system. I was not impressed
by the propagation possibilities. Still, CQWW has a tendency to bring stations
out of the woodwork and I had hope.

The first 24 hours, that hope was realized. Sure, there wasn't much Europe from
the Pacific NW but there was enough to provide needed multipliers. (I heard and
worked a total of TWO DL's and it sounds like I was one of the lucky ones
locally.) Then, the JA's came out in moderate strength so there was some fun to
be had with slow paced runs. I was even working  the Pacific and SA at 9PM
local. By the time I headed to bed on Saturday night, I had %77 percent of my
2006 QSO totals.

Alas, Sunday it was not to be. The closest I could get to Europe on Sunday
morning was a weak EI6 and maybe an EA. I did hear EA9, IS0, and CN2 all
calling without any real competition but they never heard me - not even a ?
Africa popped up, but the pileups were horrendous and propagation made it
harder than normal to bust them. I would go away and scan 20M but always end
back up at the pileups as there wasn't much else to do except beat my head
against those walls. Overall, it was a day of 5-6 Q's an hour. The sunshine
outside was a real lure but I kept my butt in the chair with daydreams of a
spotted sun for next year (just a few please). I never made it to last year's Q
total (29 shy) <sigh>.

I'm gonna chalk it up as a fun weekend... but the vote was a close one. :>)

Hope it was fun for you.
dink, n7wa