[3830] CQWW CW VK4AN SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK4AN SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 03:30:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK4AN
Operator(s): VK4AN
Station: VK4AN

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Maryborough
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1178    34      107
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 3352    34      107  Total Score = 472,632

Club:

Comments:

Had 29 Dupes! Total reflects QSO POINTS.  Highlight was being called in the last
hour by HJ0A & LT1F for new DXC's & Zones... and called by EH9U in a huge Euro
pileup on Sunday night!! Had a weird opening from 1230~1300Z long path Africa
and long-path Carribean on second night... Snagged HP1AC a few hundred hertz
below VK2NU, who must not have heard him [hurrah for 200-Hz bandwidth
filter setting.] Noise level was quite high, but the IF DSP 'earned its
keep'!]...
VK9AA had real good 'ears' to pick me out from the euro dog-pile!
Considering the low sunspot activity, the 15m band was pretty good!
Beat the 15m assisted record I set last year by a big amount.
Only a modest station setup: IC-756PRO2, DX-1, VEC HF1500 ATU, 8-el Log
Periodic at 10m, N1MM logging program.
The 'secret' (shhh. don't tell anyone!) to a reasonable score is PERSISTANCE as
well as a good amount of skill and a smidgen of luck!
At times the US & EU pileups calling me where overwhelming to say the least...
and I must say thanks to those stations who actually LISTENED and waited while
I called for a "WA1" or a "G6" only...etc... but KUDOS to those who just kept
calling no matter what I indicated.  You know who you are...and you are not
helping reduce the pileup or improve my run-rate...and I make sure that you
keep on waiting and waiting....even if you have a 20-over 9 signal. Please wake
up to yourself and please LISTEN and HEED the DX stations calling
instructions...it will help YOU work them faster as well as improve ther
run-rate... so EVERYONE wins rather than getting more and more frustrated!  OK?