[3830] SS SSB K4FAU School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pa3gvr@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4FAU School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:29:38 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4FAU
Operator(s): KI4WFJ, W4RIS
Station: K4FAU

Class: School Club HP
QTH: Boca Raton
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

KI4WFJ, and I, W4RIS operated K4FAU from the FAU Boca campus.
This year we operated in the S category because I was just hired by FAU ;)

We only made 2 contacts more then last year but last year the participation of
FAU ARC members was better.
KI4WFJ made a total of 11 contacts but this was his first contest.
I think I can coach him to participate more in upcoming contests ;)

The fact that the internet was not working caused us dearly. Last year we
managed 79 sections but this year we only did 70.
We missed ND, AK, MT, OR,  AB, BC, MB, NWT, QC and SK Depending how well KU5B
does this year we might win the Southeastern School Club Plaque! At least we
will be second ;) Listening to K0HC I know that they will take home the overall
win for School Club and The Collegiate Championship again this year.

This was the first contest we could operate on 80M after putting up a B&W BWD.
We managed to make 94 contacts on 80M Despite all the local noise and the
broadcast stations on 40M I had 2 nice runs on 40M and our total on 40M came
out to 139 Qs