[3830] CQWW CW P49Y(AE6Y) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrew.faber@gte.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW P49Y(AE6Y) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:11:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P49Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: P49Y

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:
   40: 3270    34      127
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to do a single band 40, as I was on Aruba with my daughter, and wanted
to spend some weekend time with her as well as contesting.  40 was certainly in
great shape.  I'm always amazed when I read the reports to see all the guys who
were on that I never worked or heard even with 3000+ contacts.
  As always, operating from Aruba is also a great social experience, this time
including P40W (W2GD), K2UYH, P43L and wife, P43A and wife P43C, P49MR.
  Thanks for all the QSOs.  My only complaint is the dupes from packet
mis-spotting, which happened whenever I was spotted as P40Y, instead of P49Y.
Lots of guys are pretty clearly looking at their screens and not listening to
the calls being sent. Wonder how many of them are in the unassisted category?
  The new K3 was a delight to use, exposing more clearly my own limits in
handling large pileups (limits that I used to blame on the radios, hi).  I can
honestly say that due to the roofing filters, I was never actually interfered
with by nearby stations on this crowded band. Congratulations to Wayne and Eric
and all their helpers for this fine product. (The radio can't defy the laws of
physics, however, and when everyone calls for the same exact length of time on
the same frequency, it's still hard to pick out a call).
  Also congrats to EA8/OH4NL for a super effort on this band.
  Rig: Elecraft K3, Alpha 86, 2 el. yagi at 57 feet, CQPWIN ver. 11 software.
  73, Andy, AE6Y, P49Y