[3830] CQWW CW K0PK SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kentp@co.st-louis.mn.us
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0PK SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:17:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0PK
Operator(s): K0PK
Station: K0PK

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EN37 (black hole)
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:   28    11       15
   80:   24    11       12
   40:   35    12       20
   20:  173    25       70
   15:   61    13       32
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Just a casual first-time, part-time effort in CQWW. Conditions seemed very poor
the first night but gradually improved a little by Sunday. At times it seemed I
couldn't get out of my back yard. Also could not hear a lot of DX that stations
100 mi. south of me were working. Maybe too much auroral absorption this far
north. Tried to get runs going several times but most of the few callers were
zero-pointers. S&P was the only way to go. Ten was almost totally dead here.
The only station I heard was W3LPL faintly calling CQ. I called several times
but got only one "QRZ?" and no QSO.

Was amused by an African stn. working a huge pile, zeroed on his TX freq.,
while telling callers to go "up." He never worked any of the dozens who were
calling "up," only the ones on his freq. Truly a cluster! Maybe a *brilliant*
tactical move to thin out the pile? Ya think? :^) Had mucho fun. 73, Paul-K0PK