[3830] CQWW CW KR2Q SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KR2Q SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:34:39 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: FN20RU NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:   14     3        4
   80:   48    10       24
   40:  194    23       80
   20:  311    22       96
   15:  125    17       68
   10:   21     7       15
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Oh boy...where to begin.

1st, I am really sorry to learn about CT1BOH (CT3NT) problems.  What a bummer.
I was chatting with him just 1 day before he left for CT3 and he was really
psyched (no surprise).  Too bad.

Operating Time
For some unknown reason, I sat in the chair straight through until 2330z.  I
haven't done that in a very long time.  Unfortunately, at that time, the bands
were not great here and I was a bit confused what to do.  My wife sed, "go to
bed" and I did (????).  She woke me up 6 hours later and I got back in the
chair, but the bands were marginal.  I worked 2 QSO's in two hours and went
back to bed.  Got up again at 1145 on day 2 and kept going until the end.  I
don't know if this was a good "strategy" or not.  LOL

40 meters:  Very strange from W2.  Last year, I was loud into EU after sunset.
This year...where was EU?  I worked zones 5-8 and 35 when I should have been
hearing (and working EU).  Echoing K3LR's comments, 40m opened to EU very
early.  On a whim, I checked 40m at 2000z and EU was loud...really loud.  And
there I was, working EU with QRP on 40m in broad daylight!  If Tim sez it was
open hours earlier, gee...what did I miss?

10m:  I really need to go SO2R.  This is my last year as SO1R, even qrp.
Randomly kept checking 10.  Found the band open and was afraid to leave.  Think
I worked 17 mults in 1 hours (but not many Qs).  Not sure if the time I spend on
10m was worth it.  Too late now.  This won't happen to me again.  On the plus
side, K5ZD's famous quote about 10m is still true.  I was working guys who I
could barely hear here on one call.  How did they hear ME?

Working DXCC:  I always find it fun to see how many DXCC countries can be
worked QRP.  This year I finished qrp DXCC in 22 hours.  I didn't work much
else for the next 24, ending up with 111 DXCC with 4 watts.  Not bad for QRP at
the bottom with very weird condx.

COMPARISONs:  I did worse than last year, especially on zones.  I never did
work any JAs (not even one).

2006 Summary (last year):
 Band  QSOs  Zones  Countries
------------------------------
  160:   14     4        4
   80:   59    11       30
   40:  173    24       74
   20:  262    23       85
   15:  237    21       78
   10:   22    12       17
------------------------------

RIGS:
Last year I predicted that I would be using not just one, but a pair of K2's
(Elecraft).  Well, I used my K2 (singular) again since my pair of K3's
(ordered) has not yet arrived.

Worked on 6 bands:   ZF1A (wow!)

5 bands:
H7/K9NW