[3830] CQWW CW MZ5A(GW4BLE) SOSB/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g3wvg@btinternet.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW MZ5A(GW4BLE) SOSB/10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:10:21 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: MZ5A
Operator(s): GW4BLE
Station: MZ5A

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: Shetland
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   8     3        6
------------------------------
Total:   8     3        6  Total Score = 22

Club:

Comments:

SEE THE PICTURES!!     http://www.g3txf.com/dxtrip/MZ5B-07/MZ5B-07.html

Hiya Guys

Here is an extract from the shipping forecast .....

Fair Isle, issued on Sunday 25 November 2007 at 0345
     Northwesterly storm force 10 decreasing severe gale force 9 imminent.

I had travelled to Shetland with Ian G3WVG to help him rig antennas for his 80M
SOSB entry as MZ5B.  Ian suggested that during the middle of the day, when he
was QRT,  I should try a casual single band entry on 28MHz using MZ5A.  I
rigged up a simple vertical and gave it a go.

Radio conditions up in Shetland were awful on 28MHz and the weather conditions
at the lighthouse were even worse.  I made only a handful of contacts and the
galeforce winds snapped the vertical!   Quite an experience !

73 Steve GW4BLE