[3830] CQWW CW 3DA0ZO(N5ZO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.L.myllymaki@nokia.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 3DA0ZO(N5ZO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:13:23 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 3DA0ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: 3DA0ZO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Swaziland
Operating Time (hrs): 47.5

  160:    4     3        3
   80:  116    19       41
   40:  805    28       79
   20:  827    32       84
   15: 1408    32      104
   10:  410    12       61
------------------------------

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Thanks for Daniel ZS6JR for offering his Swaziland station for my use and making
it possible to operate from zone 38.  I felt quite (too) rare for contesting as
Swaziland has not much activity on CW, and ended up working lot of split 1-2
kHz up high on the band.  As I don't have home station and don't operate CW
more than couple times a year I clearly had difficulties on handling pile-ups.
I also experimented again on doing whole 48 hrs as Single Op, something I think
I have not done in past 10 years.  Especially both mornings my mind was
wondering why I was doing what I was doing...  I think it would actually have
been more productive to sleep couple hrs.  We worked hard during the week
before the contest to make it possible to switch GP remotely between 160 and 80
m bands and had to improvise for that and we found 50 kW switching relay from
local radio station.  But at the end the switching capability did not do much
as 160 was very poor during the contest.  I made many more QSOs at that band on
Friday morning sunrise before the contest.  Also 80 was better during the week
before the contest.

I was lucky during the contest as only had 2 very short power outages that
lasted as long as I got generator going.  During the week before the contest we
had multi hour power outages every day.  And when we had power the 220 V pover
was actually something less and went as low as 165 V at times...

Station set-up:
FT-1000MP + Alpha 78
80/160 GP with K9AY loop
40 Four-square around the tower
20/15/10 A4S trap beam

It was slot of fun and see you next year from some new zone.  This one was 11th
for me.
QSL via OH buro or direct via OH0XX Panama address.
Marko N5ZO/OH6DO/PY2ZZO