[3830] CQWW CW V47NT(N2NT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nt@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW V47NT(N2NT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:01:44 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: V47NT
Operator(s): N2NT
Station: V47KP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: St Kitts
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  242    15       47
   80:  561    21       81
   40: 2410    32      113
   20: 2015    31      109
   15: 1821    22       94
   10:   71    13       20
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

We were hoping the bad line noise problem at the station would be fixed before I
arrived. Unfortunately, it was worse. I lost a little drive knowing I could not
do anything big, but did my best. I was hoping for rain to quiet it down, but
it was bright and sunny all weekend :(
10 mtrs was almost unusable. I apologize, there was a big pileup but I could
not hear anything through the noise.

Other than that, this is still a fabulous location. I can't wait to try this
when it's quiet! I made some strategic errors, never was able to run EU on 160.
I must have been there at the wrong times. Also missed a bunch of easy mults on
80/15. 40 was so good all the time I never left. Decided to go for qsos and
worked way too many 2 pointers. Also, had some trouble with RF in the keyboard
erasing some qsos. I apologize in advance if somebody loses the multiplier
because of this. Covered the entire keyboard cable in ferrite but it didn't
work.

Thanks for all the support from V44KAI, V44NK, V44KBP who made sure I was OK
all alone on the mountain. And of course to Alex W2OX/V47KP and Joe K3NM for
using their home away from home.

Station:
FT1000MP  (Last time for that due to AGC problem with big pileups).
Icom Pro II
2x Alpha 91B

105CA @55ft
155CA @40ft