[3830] CQWW CW F8CMF SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f8cmf@free.fr
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW F8CMF SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 00:45:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: F8CMF
Operator(s): F8CMF
Station: F8CMF

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   72    10       48
   80:  418    19       75
   40:  965    37      143
   20:  759    32      107
   15:  111    23       82
   10:   31     9       22
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

My initial plan was to do a SOSO40 effort. Unfortunately, I did not have the
time to set up the station (inband receiver, receiving antennas...).

I then took part to the contest in the SOAB(A) HP [SO1R] category mainly for
fun. I spent ca. 27 hours running and tried to maximize the score within my
limited time.

The propagation was rather good on low bands. Even though I could not get any
serious runs to NA the first night, 40M was fine (at least with mid- and
long-skips) with a high number of DXCC and Zones. It was even possible to work
some NA and JA stations at noon.

Conditions were difficult on 15M. I mainly did S&P.
As I had to take my off times on both mornings, I lost several multipliers in
Asia and Pacific area on 20M and 15M.

On 10M, after the first DX spots of African stations (and while all other
european stations seemed to be able to work them) were received, I had to wait
at least 1 hour before getting a decent propagation and to be able to work them
(a short 45 minute opening with 6W, 3X, ZS...).

The 4U1ITU station is located a few kilometers away from my QTH. This is not
only an easy-to-work multiplier but also a good beacon -especially on the
highest bands- to know if it is possible to get any runs :-)

As expected, the 160M inverted-L is a simple and efficient way to get
multipliers on Topband but performance remains of course limited.

73 de Sebastien, F8CMF