[3830] CQWW CW W8AV M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8AV M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 05:01:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): K3JT, K4LT, AF8A, J8GU, K8RMC, W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  103    16       60
   80:  424    28      100
   40:  500    35      130
   20:  863    33      133
   15:  352    25      105
   10:   60    13       31
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Due to the fact that we had a very small crew this year, we decided to do a "for
fun" multi-multi to give everyone a crack at any or all bands and not limit
ourselves to the band change rules.  We knew that we would not be really
competitive but we had a blast!  It also gave us a chance to really shake down
the station following the replacement of the base insulated tower that supports
the 20 and 40 meter antennas, which also serves as the 160 meter antenna, and
put the new 5 element 20 and replacement 40 through their paces.  Everything
worked great and next year the 20 and 40 stacks will be back in place.

Despite sub-par conditions, it was a pleasant surprise to snag 31 countries on
ten meters at the bottom of the sunspot cycle.  Although TE (trans-equitorial)
propagation is not un-common on the band during the bottom, it was still a kick
to log E51A on the band.

Thanks for all the QSO's.