[3830] CQWW CW 9M6AAC(N1UR) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 9M6AAC(N1UR) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 05:15:11 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9M6AAC
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: 9M6AAC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: 9M6
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    5     3        3
   80:   16     7       11
   40:  312    22       51
   20:  419    24       62
   15:  215    17       47
   10:   13     3        4
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Sometimes things donâ??t go according to planâ?¦.

I am in Asia on business over the CQ WW CW weekend and decided to operate from
9M6AAC in Sabah, E Malaysia.  This would not only be a great opportunity to DX
Contest but also a chance to try out some of the equipment and antennas I will
be using for the N1UR Spratly DXpedition coming up in March of next year.

The plan was to try and beat fellow YCCC club member K1XMâ??s SOABLP Oceania
record that he set as H44MX in the late 1990s of approximately 2.8 Million.
Well, that was the plan any way.

There is full write-up on my blog page at http://www.n1urspratly.com/

It includes the discussion of how the contest actually turned into more of
Spratly dry run for me and interesting propagation observations.