[3830] ARRL 160 K3WW M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K3WW M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 06:50:26 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K3WW
Operator(s): K3WW
Station: K3WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 1500  Sections = 78  Countries = 45  Total Score = 415,125

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Seems like the best I have done in this one.  Use packet, but had everything
call in except a few of the DX guys.  Slept both nights, got up Saturday for a
few QSOs and picked up WY, got up Sunday worked a few spots, went out to take
some sunrise snow photos, came in and while downloading the photos hit the CQ
button a few times and pulled VY1JA out of the noise.  I believe that would be
our first 160 QSO.  Missed KL7 and VE4.  averaged over 100/hour the first 9
hours then took a while to reach 1000 and bedtime.  Harder to copy guys the
second night.  Used diversity receive with 1 listening wire chosen and the
transmit antenna on the other ear.  I even tried running a wire across the
school field next door for Saturday night.  It helped a little; however, Europe
did not seem nearly as good here.  Next year maybe I can find a 2nd op to fill
in the off times, too much going on to go without sleep 2 weekends in a row.
73, Chas K3WW