[3830] ARRL 160 WX3B M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WX3B M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 08:00:30 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 4.3

Total:  QSOs = 304  Sections = 70  Countries = 0  Total Score = 44,870

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I took a weekend off contesting, and hosted a teenage Christmas party for 18 16
- 17 year olds, one (X) XYL, and another Dad.  It was a nice change from
contesting!

Ran a few hours, and also enjoyed listening to W4MYA run stations for awhile.

Borrowed NI1N's ears while running, it is fascinating to note he can hear at
least 10% of the stations that are un-readable at WX3B.  Some of it is due to
better propagation, and most of it is due to that extra 3 - 10db+ improvement
he has with those 600' beverages.

I think that the "propagation" is always going to be better at NI1N on 80 &
160, because he HEARS so well!

I Noticed that Wolf, DF2PY was one of the only loud Europeans I heard Saturday
night.

So for our next question:  how many Europeans will we work in the upcoming 10
meter contest???

73,

Jim  WX3B