[3830] ARRL 160 K6VVA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K6VVA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 09:16:42 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): 8:18

Total:  QSOs = 301  Sections = 64  Countries = 7  Total Score = 44,233

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Had to cancel my trip to KL8C land for this since I still can't lift heavy
luggage due to reinjuring my hand/wrist while packing up there after the ARRL
SS.  There seemed to be lots of activity from AK - I even heard NL7G working
AL9A, so hopefully everyone got this mult.

If my situation improves, I may go fire up KL8C in the Stew Perry.  Who wants
to go to Alaska during the nice Summer WX anyway?

Apologies to N0TT who was on the receiving end of my first QSO QLF in the
contest.  I had quickly reconfigured the CW messages from KL8C to K6VVA, and
changed AK to CA.  Each time he asked me for SEC? I pushed the F-Key and CA
came out.  After the 3rd attempt, it was like DUH - I was supposed to be
sending my SCV section ;-(

A major thrill was working KF7PG. I gave John and his dad their Novice exams
over 30 years ago when they lived here in the Bay Area.  So today I feel old.

The MONSTER signal award goes to WC6H who was 60db over S9 and made my RX pump
and thump. Go Rich!

73 & Tnx for all the Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust