[3830] ARRL 160 N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 12:14:03 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

Total:  QSOs = 233  Sections = 41  Countries = 3  Total Score = 20,900

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a tough one for me this year.  It seems like the
background noise has risen a bit more each year.  This time I
was so tired from fighting it that I knocked off around 10:30PM
and went to bed early.  I figured I'd get up early and maybe
beat some of the noise.  It worked, as I picked up 47 QSOs in
my 3 morning hours.
My big surprise was hearing RW0CWA and working him for a new
160 country.
Saturday evening seemed kind of slow, like someone gave a two
day party, but half the guests left after the first day.  It
was hard to find new stations to work by S&P, so I grit my
teeth and resorted to CQing.  Not my best operating technique,
but when I  couldn't find anyone new, I had to let them find
me :-)
I beat my score from 2006, but fell short of my 2005 score.
Maybe next year when I have my K3 :-)
I really enjoy the 160 contests.  I just hope I can find a way
to fight the creeping noise fog that is growing around my QTH.
Hope to work many of you in the 10m contest coming up.
Thanks for the QSOs
73, Bob N6WG