[3830] ARRL 160 K5QQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5QQ@mchsi.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K5QQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:08:24 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K5QQ
Operator(s): K5QQ
Station: K5QQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 333  Sections = 64  Countries = 2  Total Score = 44,352

Club:

Comments:

Used a 135 ft L up 35 ft and amazed how well it works.  I only needed RI and AK
for WAS.  The 7800 is such a great rig and I could hear QRP stations down in
the noise without any problems except for some stations which continue to
overdrive and make key clicks.  even w/ 100 hz filtering, no radio can fix
that!!.  I was only able to be on Fri night and then only for a limited time
due to a demo early on Sat morning and a party on Sat Night.  Wanted to work
when I got home, but the wine was just too good at the party!!!

I sure noticed the derth of CA sections.  I worked less than a handfull of CA
overall and normally they are just booming in and serve as a great source of
Q's.  No DX here but in the middle of the US and with a 35 ft antenna, no
expectations either!!  I also notice fewer and fewer VE4 and VE6's entering the
contests.  They are getting to be as hard as the NL and NWT stations!!

Conditions were sure good however and what a fun time.  It was a hoot!!

C U all later for the next two tests.

73

Jim  K5QQ