[3830] ARRL 10 AC5AA SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ac5aa@ac5aa.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 AC5AA SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:01:53 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: AC5AA
Operator(s): AC5AA
Station: AC5AA

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 2.0

   CW:  54     21
  SSB:   8      7
-------------------
Total:  62     28  Total Score = 6,496

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I started off by running QRP by accident on Friday evening, and was making QSO's
so easily, I just decided to play as QRP in this one.  Then the band fell apart
on Saturday and never seemed to come back (at least when I was on).  Did mostly
S&P since QRP and a low wire are not a very good combo.  Thanks for the patience
of those who stuck it out and deciphered my exchange.  Heard a number of the
locals on, but there were many who could not hear me, and I called many times!
I was severely tempted to go to 100w, bue stuck it out with 5W and missed a
number of folks.  I can't wait for the sunspots to take off again- Friday
evening was a tantalizing reminder of how it might sound when we turn the
corner.