[3830] ARRL 10 K8CC(N8NX) SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K8CC(N8NX) SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 19:02:24 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): N8NX
Station: K8CC

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 31:15

   CW:
  SSB:  709    47
-------------------
Total:  709    47  Total Score = 66,646

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: FT-1000D, PT-2500A, 5L yagis @ 90'/60'/30'

Doug, N8NX called and asked if he could do the contest in his usual category,
single-op phone-only, and I said "sure".  He came and stayed the weekend,
showing his usual persistence at grinding out QSOs even when the band is poor.

And he got a lot of practice at it this weekend.  In the 20 years at this QTH,
this was the lowest 10M contest score ever.  Only four hours of what could be
described as "reasonable" rate:

23Z Sat   73
00Z Sun   75
17Z Sun   67
18Z Sun   47

Very few DX mults: VP9, CX, LU, P4, ZW and ZS

Only Canadians: VW2, VE3 and VE7

No Californians!  That has to be a first in an HF contest from this QTH!

Most worked: TX (137 QSOs) and MI (129 QSOs)

All we want for Christmas are a few sunspots!

73,

Dave/K8CC