[3830] RAC Winter N6CCH(@W6YX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rebar@hamilton.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter N6CCH(@W6YX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:17:02 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: N6CCH
Operator(s): N6CCH
Station: W6YX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Stanford, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

  160:   0       0       0         0
   80:   0      42       0         1
   40:   0      82       0         4
   20:   0     374       0        10
   15:   0     118       0         3
   10:   0       0       0         0
    6:   0       0       0         0
    2:   0       0       0         0
Total:   0     616       0        18  Total Score = 47,664

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions seemed to be good for this contest given the time of year and sunspot
numbers.

Worked 15m for a while and received good signal reports from CA and US stations
that I worked.  Did not S&P, just CQ'd, as many of the packet spots seemed to be
in the portions of the bands that General class privs are not allowed in the
USA.  Was spotted several times, that helped the rates on the bands worked, as
folks seemed to see them and go check things out.
Listened around on 10m for a short while, but did not hear any stations in the
contest.
The US station pile-ups were a big challenge as many folks seemed to want to
work California in the General Class of 20m.  I had to employ some filters on
the QRZ for CA and EU only stations and I was quite pleased to see the US
stations back-off to allow the CA and EU stations in for a contact.  EU
stations were very workable in the early morning on 20m.

Notable contacts;
UA0IT at 0048Z on 20m
KH6 on the back of the 20m and 40m beams
JAs around the same time broadside to the beam on 20m
Brazil and Equador towards the end of the contest on 20m
DU9/G4UNL LongPath last contact at the end of the contest

All in all a fun and somewhat low-key contest with very polite operators.

Happy New Year to all and thanks for the contacts and spots !!

73,
N6CCH aka Rebar