[3830] TBDC N5DX(@WD5R) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N5DX(@WD5R) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:16:32 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N5DX
Operator(s): N5DX
Station: WD5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 617  Total Score = 3,200

Club:

Comments:

A big thank you to Doug and Marlene for the use of their amazing station.  They
have both worked very hard to develop a first class 160 meter station.  Marlene
even sacrificed her garden this summer in order to add additional radials to the
160 transmit system.

Coonditions here were very good.  Unfortunately we had terrible noise due to
local storms that caused me to ask for many repeats.  However, a great amount
of Europeans still made it into the log.  It made me sick to have a loud JA8ISU
call in with one minute remaining during my operating time at 7:30 local time.
Then I felt even worse to listen for the next 15 minutes to K5GO running Japan
while I could only sit back and listen.  I potentially lost 10 JA contacts or
more by mismanaging my off times.  Oh well, I'll know the next time.

Thanks again to Doug and Marlene they were great hosts.

73,
Kevin/N5DX