[3830] TBDC N2CU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N2CU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:58:07 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 272  Total Score = 1,372

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

Departed from the norm and did 100% S&P. It was actually more fun not having to
call endless CQ's for once! Best DX was VK6VZ for 37 points. With conditions
the way they've been the past several weeks, he was a pleasant addition to the
log. Also, it was nice to work a bunch of EU. "Worked" one JA but couldn't get
his complete grid. I kept asking for repeats with "GRID?" and "NR?" and he
would send back "GRID?" or "NR?" instead ;^) Although he acknowledged my
exchange he's NIL - Sorry ;^(

Funniest moment (for me anyway) was when I was working my way up the band and
came across a station CQ'ing. I called and called, but got no response. Several
other stations were calling him also. Finally I gave up and continued to tune.
About 1 kHz higher I hear the same station calling CQ. Huh? Switch back and
forth between the two frequencies and he's on both! Made the QSO on the higher
frequency and told him about his XMTR problem.

Still some bad clicks out there by several well known ops, but overall much
better.

73,
Tom N2CU <><

FT1000MP, Drake L7, 46' Inverted L with 97 radials, K9AY loops, N1MM logger