[3830] TBDC TF3KX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kristinn1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC TF3KX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:34:13 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: TF3KX
Operator(s): TF3KX
Station: TF3KX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: HP94ab, nr Reykjavik
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 180  Total Score = 1,211

Club:

Comments:

Rig:  IC 746
Amp:  Acom 1000, running 900W output
Ant:  Inv-V (9m tall, 31m horizontal/sloping down)
Log:  N1MM Logger

Condx seemed OK, but I did not find any rare or new DX this time.  All QSOs
were with Europe, into Russia and N-America.  Other TF ops heard and worked
were TF3CW, TF3DX (QRP) and TF4M.  Longest distance QSO was with N4IS in
Florida (5900km, 3700mi).

I managed to put up a temporary inv-V, in between the winter storms that have
been frequent here this season.  This replaced my top-loaded vertical which
blew down a month ago.  The received noise was unusually strong and tiring in
this contest.  Lots of station responded to my call, which I could barely copy.
 After fixing a more permanent TX antenna I need to come up with a more quiet RX
antenna.

Took a nap by 04z, to wake up at 06z and finish the remaining four hours until
daylight with the opening to North America.  Woke up at 14z - well past noon!
Guess the antenna work the nights before had taken its toll.

This was a fun event, as always, and I hope there have been several contenders
for the Aurora Borealis Award, which I sponsored now, for the first time (see
the extravagant Stew Perry TBDC Award Program).

73 de TF3KX  http://radio.tf3kx.googlepages.com