[3830] TBDC W4ZV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, btippett@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] TBDC W4ZV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:45:48 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4ZV
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM95
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 638  Total Score = 3,687

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were strange to say the least.  Two TF's called me (!) but many DX
stations were a struggle to copy their grid in the QSB/QRN.  My apologies to
those whose calls I copied but was unable to complete because of never being
able to get their grid.  In some contests those would have been QSOs but not
this one.

First outing for my K3 but I was plagued with an RF feedback problem via my
Beverage input, which caused amp problems and at least one report of spurious.
I finally figured out a temporary workaround which was less than satisfactory
but at least I was able to tame the feedback and finish.  If anyone else heard
spurious from me please forward your comments direct to me.  I also hit some
combination of keys which locked the CT screen in a "Make Schedule" window that
I couldn't close...hard reset and reboot of course!

Best wishes to all for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!  Topband
conditions have to get better in 2008!

73,  Bill  W4ZV