[3830] TBDC VE3OSZ Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3osz@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3OSZ Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 20:01:34 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE3OSZ
Operator(s): VE3SMA, VE3OSZ
Station: VE3OSZ

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Ottawa
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 319  Total Score = 2,382

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Score includes the low power multiplier.

Conditions here were better than during last year's SP, though not up to the
standard set in the 1997 SP. We managed to increase our score by about 30%
despite only having 20 more QSOs. The increased number of DX QSOs made the
difference. Being called by G3PQA well after his sunrise was a nice surprise.

Activity seemed up this year.

Our station, as usual, is an old Drake TR7 running 100 watts, a homebrew
autotuner, a low inverted L, a short Beverage and a pennant, plus TR Log.