[3830] RTTY Roundup W0ETT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@msn.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W0ETT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:37:27 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 16:44

------------
   80:   10
   40:   63
   20:  162
   15:   15
   10:
------------
Total:  250  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 10  Total Score = 13,750

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

First time ever for me on RTTY. So, spent the many hours trying to figure out
how to operate the system and microham interface that Mike W0MU was installed
for me.  It seemed challenging for me to first find someone calling cq and then
set up exactly on his frequency in order to call the station.  If I managed to
get off his frequency slightly, I would get gobbledy-gook requiring me to ask
for an "Again" repeat.  My RTTY setup (IC756pro3 and microham interface) didn't
seem too sensitive as I couldn't get many stations under s8 or 9 to come back to
me. While there were many loud signals on 80m, I had the most difficulty tuning
in stations on that band, only made 10 Qs. Will have to ask the local RTTYers
if theres a way to tune more easily and to work the weaker ones (less than
s8!).   Almost at the end, I tried some CQs and was rewarded with a pretty good
run of about 25-30 stations.  Despite that run, I was about 85% S&P in the test.
 Next time I'll try to run more...

After doing this RTTY contest, I can tell that its not going to replace CW for
me, tho I did enjoy trying a new mode out.  Nice to work GMCCers W0MU, K0FX and
K0EU in the contest.  Heard KO7X but couldn't get his attention with my LP
signal.  Heard someone work K0UK but couldn't hear Bill.

73 Ken, W0ETT