[3830] RTTY Roundup WA2MNO M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob.lafont@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup WA2MNO M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:38:27 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WA2MNO
Operator(s): WA2MNO
Station: WA2MNO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:  348
   40:  159
   20:   91
   15:   15
   10:    1
------------
Total:  614  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 16  Total Score = 42,366

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

RTTY contests are second to CW contests for me. We (KE0L, NR0L, N0KBD AND K0OB)
had our usual chat session going on 2M simplex which makes it really enjoyable
during the contest to keep me from falling asleep at the wheel. 80M was great
for acquiring Q's, 40M was good for DX early Sunday morning and 20M was so-so.
Sunday afternoon my amplifier started dropping output power, down to nothing. I
know RTTY contests are rough on amplifiers but I've run a number of RTTY
contests before with the amp and this is the first time it presented this
problem. If I turned the output power down to 300W it would work fine. I'll dig
into this more but if someone can suggest a good tech who can help me out with
this problem then that would be appreciated. It was fun to see Greg/K0OB enjoy
this contest as it was his first RTTY go-around. Now, for the NAQP RTTY contest
in a few weeks.

Here are my DX QSO's:
CT3   CX    EA8   HI    HR    J3    JA    KH6   KL    KP4   P4    PY    XE
YV    ZL    ZS

73 - Bob
WA2MNO