[3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene_n9tf@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 19:14:23 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF, KC9ETU
Station: N9TF

Class: M/S LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
   80:   81
   40:  108
   20:   57
   15:   10
   10:
------------
Total:  256  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 19  Total Score = 16,896

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This is my third RTTY RU, and I had a good time. I wasn't able to spend as much
time as I would have liked, but I got just enough time in to learn a bit more
about operating RTTY in a contest. My son KC9ETU, was home on leave from the
Navy, so he helped in the shack off and on. It was great to spend some HAM time
with him!! He shipped back out today.

Running low power (50 watts) to low (35') loaded (Alpha Delta) dipoles on 40
and 80, and a mini triband (MA5B) on 15 and 20, made for quite a challenge. I
tried to run a couple of times on 40 and 80, but was crowded out by stronger
stations that apparently did not hear my puny signal! So, the contest for me
was 99.9% S&P, with a lot of time spent on many DX stations just trying to
work. It was a bit frustrating at times to wait in line for a DX station that I
could hear quite well, just waiting for the crowds to thin out to my layer. A
lot of times that never happened!

Now that I feel a bit more comfortable handling the MMTTY macros, and locking
on a signal quickly, I will work on figuring out how to import the MMTTY log
into my Win-Eqf log so I don't have to keep clicking back and forth between the
two programs!

Lots of really good scores out there. Nice to see a lot of you that I worked.
I'll be back again next year.

Station conditions: TS-2000 set to 50 watts out: DX-DD, DX-LB and DX-B Alpha
Delta wires at 35', MA5B at 37'

73 Gene N9TF