[3830] RTTY Roundup MI0LLL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup MI0LLL Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:36:39 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: MI0LLL
Operator(s): MI0LLL
Station: MI0LLL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:  289
   40:  474
   20:  431
   15:  122
   10:
------------
Total: 1316  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 73  Total Score = 156,604

Club:

Comments:

Antennas
10m 5L US + KT36XA
15m 5L US + KT36XA
20m KT36XA
40m 2L at 60ft
80m Vertical + inverted V at 60ft

Entering this contest as SO1R (not yet setup for anything else) I knew it would
be a disadvantage but it was not until I was operating that I learnt how much it
was.
Was using N1MM and thought I had everything well setup until the contest
started where the program kept sending everyone the serial number of the
previous contact to the one that was logged, I am sure all you N1MM users know
why it did that but I did not, I stopped 40mins into the contest and took me
3.5 hours to get it sorted (it is a good job you can take official breaks in
this contest).

40m by far was the best band with a good strong run to the US on the first
night and 59 JA stations worked in the morning along with some far east /
pacific mults, it is a pity they were only one pointers, I worked right up
until 10:00z (1.5h after sunrise).

80m was good on the vertical until it developed a high SWR, the low dipole was
only good in Europe.

15m was poor and slow, and wasted a lot of time jumping between 15m - 20m but
never got any run going.

10m nothing was worked or heard.

Crosschecking my score against ON4UNâ??s  2003 EU record of 165k points I was
above this rate from the start up until the last 4 hours were the propagation
just vanished, 40m and 80m were the only two bands I could hear any other
signals on and the rate fell to something like 20q s per hour, congrats to P49X
(W0YK) for his massive QSO count and to 9A5W, if there were no one else it looks
like the old EU record may be broken.

Thanks to all who called
Logs to be uploaded to LOTW

Chris (MI0LLL)