[3830] NAQP CW AE6Y Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrew.faber@gte.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AE6Y Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:45:38 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   57    18
   80:  132    45
   40:  273    49
   20:  323    51
   15:  241    40
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total: 1028   204  Total Score = 209,100

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 1

Comments:

What fun!  I knew this was going to be interesting when I had a 153 first hour,
mostly on 15, with some second radio QSOs on 20.  Unfortunately, I was so
captivated by condx on 15 that I seem to have completely overlooked a 10m
opening in the second hour that everyone else in CA seems to have found! Go
figure.
  Anyway, this is a personal best, and the first time over 1000 QS.  It was
very hard to have to take off-time while rates on 40 were over 100 per hour.
  Had a good chance to compare the new K3 versus my 756 Pro2 in a contest
environment.  The K3 is clearly a better run radio.  The sound is very clean;
by comparison, the passband of the Pro2 has many digital artifacts, so you
often think someone is calling, when it's just digital junk floating around in
the radio.  OTOH, the Pro has some very useful features, like the bandscope (of
course), and the ability to adjust filters and RIT while transmitting (that
can't be done on the K3 now, but may in future firmware versions).
  Thanks to all participants.  This was a blast!
  73 Andy, AE6Y
 Rig: K3, 756 Pro2, 3 el 10-20, 2 el 40, 1 el 80, inv. vee for 160.
 Software: CQPWIN ver. 11.0