[3830] NAQP CW K4OD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4od@k4od.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4OD Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 23:10:19 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K4OD
Operator(s): K4OD
Station: K4OD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Macon, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:   19    11
   80:   43    22
   40:   19    12
   20:   22    12
   15:   37    13
   10:   12     7
-------------------
Total:  152    77  Total Score = 11,704

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SCCC #3

Comments:

RIG:  FT-897D 100 WATTS OUT
ANT:  DIPOLE

Why do I love contesting?  A contest is exciting but at times frustrating;
tense yet relaxing to the point of boredom (mostly during breaks); entertaining
but very depriving and also selfish (just ask my XYL).  Contesting is much like
eating a Lay's Potato Chip.... you can't eat just one!  Once exposed, you are
drawn to it much like a moth to a flame.  Some folks enter contests just for
the fun of it, others to gather needed states for that elusive 5BWAS award or
to garner that new DX country or dxpedition.  Some actually enter them to WIN
unless your name is Paul Newberry,N4PN, in which case, you've already won
everything out there and just passing time while teaching newbies (kinda
sorta)like K4OD how to be a better contester.  It's the thrill of success and
the agony of defeat all wrapped into one short-lived event.  That said..... "It
was a day like all days; filled with those events which alter and illuminate our
time.  And..... you were there." (Walter Cronkite, CBS News)

XYL:  "Aren't you finished with that yet?"
K4OD:  "Yeah, I guess."
XYL:  "Thank God! Now, say good night to the nice people and go to bed."
K4OD:  "Good night, nice people!"