[3830] NAQP CW N4CBK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cbk.jay@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N4CBK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:34:42 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N4CBK
Operator(s): N4CBK
Station: N4CBK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 8.63

  160:    0     0
   80:  101    40
   40:  100    36
   20:   45    25
   15:   17     5
   10:   28     2
-------------------
Total:  265   108  Total Score = 28,620

Club:

Team: ACG #2

Comments:

Great to see all the ACG and SCCC in the house! Worked K4ZGB, K4TD, N4OGW,
K4BAI, K4NO, N4KG. Another highlight was working David Sumner/K1ZZ, ARRL Chief
Executive Officer. These guys at the ARRL don't just talk about ham radio, they
do it!

Interesting comparison between this year's result and last year's. Last year:
20/15 meter Moxons at 45 feet, full-wave horizontal 80-meter delta loop and
made  265 Q's in 10 hours "casually". (That means getting up from the chair a
lot and going around the house to see what else is going on.)

This year: 80-meter inverted-V Tangle-Doublet (called that because of the way
it looks in the trees behind the apartment.) 265 Q's glued to the seat for 8.5
hours. My CW is certainly better, but there is no substitute for an antenna. I
don't remember who the guy was (K7 I believe) but he was really having a hard
time hearing me and I him. I thought, "WTH? This is going to be a lousy contest
 if the conditions don't get any better!" I manged to work him, but not after a
couple of repeats. Somewhere in Arizona there is a guy who worked me on the
dummy load in my tuner. Everyone sounded much better when I switched to the
antenna. Thanks for the Q's especially the ones where I was converting RF to
heat.