[3830] NAQP CW VE6CNU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE6CNU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:15:47 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    4     3
   80:   59    27
   40:  147    44
   20:  295    43
   15:  203    32
   10:
-------------------
Total:  708   149  Total Score = 105,492

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Team:

Comments:

I was quite pleased with my progress over last year as I went from 61,000 to
105,000 points.  The band conditions were quite surprising on 15m as normally
it is dead around here.  I increased my running speed from about 26wpm to 30wpm
and this paid off.  Also I was pleased with the band conditions on 40m, which
has been quite noisy and useless of late.  80m had some fairly good hauls (east
coast) but seemed to die quite early.  160m was pretty typical as my noise is
S9+ on good days.  I think I made no more than 50 QSOs my last two hours, which
really hurt the score.  Still, it was loads of fun, especially with all those
people named "Shannon".  My favorite calls were ED in DE and AL in LA.

Rig:  FT-1000MP
Antennas:  TH6 DXX for 10, 15, 20m at 40', Inverted vee for 40m, and shunt-fed
tower for 80m/160m.
Software:  N1MM

73,

Jerry