[3830] NAQP CW WA2MNO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob.lafont@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WA2MNO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:08:45 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: WA2MNO
Operator(s): WA2MNO
Station: WA2MNO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 9:45

  160:  119    39
   80:  214    47
   40:  105    37
   20:   90    34
   15:    6     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  534   161  Total Score = 85,974

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team: MWA #2

Comments:

Name used: Dave
I decided to start 2 hrs late to take advantage of 80m and 160m later in the
evening. That seemed to pan out pretty well. 20m and 40m didn't seem that
spectacular to me though. Both bands seemed to go long early for me. I dropped
to 40m around 4pm and 80m around 5:30pm. 40m did produce the highest hourly
rate of 80+ with quite a few 100-120+ burst that lasted for a good 10 minutes.
Overall the contest rate average was 50+/hour. Like Roger/K0MPH, I listened to
John's request to make 100k points. I told Roger earlier in the week that I
just didn't feel confident in making 100K because last year I had approximately
640 Q's and only reached 68K points. By 6pm I didn't think I would come close.
One of the things that might have hindered my score was taking the time to S&P
PR, HI and AK. They were, of course, new mults but I should have remembered
Dave's/KT0R words of wisdom: don't spend more than 3 attempts at getting a
station and then move on. It's hard to say if getting those stations would have
made that much of a difference. I still think the condx on 20m and 40m had the
greatest impact.

I was surprised that no one asked why most everyone in MN was named Dave but
they didn't. I also worked about 8 stations from PA, OH and MI named Shannon
which seemed odd to me also :)

Glad we could do this for you Dave/KT0R.

73 - Bob
WA2MNO