[3830] NAQP CW VE7FO M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE7FO M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 01:47:03 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   12     7
   80:   56    24
   40:  102    36
   20:  198    48
   15:   44    25
   10:   24    11
-------------------
Total:  436   151  Total Score = 65,836

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Team:

Comments:

That was fun.

In the interest of maximizing fun I went M/2 so I could operate the full 12
hours and also use spots.

Weren't many others using spots, judging by the number of spotters.  The most
active spotters seemed to be W6YX and myself, though there were others who I
don't remember.   I spot everything, including my competition.

Managed to catch the 10m opening because of spots.  First test in a long time
where I made Qs on all 6 bands.  Got my WAB for TN  (Worked TN on all 6 bands)
I think things are picking up.

Checked 160 from time to time.  Lots of spots but I couldn't hear anyone until
the last hour when I managed to make a few Qs and mults

Didn't get any long runs.  Best one was 62 Qs in 40 min.

I did get momentary glimpses of potential cw competence on my part.  I found
that sometimes I was copying behind and that sometimes I was typing "Steve"
without having copied it 1 letter at a time.

Was hoping to be in NA SSB, maybe with some newbie ops, but other things in the
way.  I might be on for a while in the first four hours.

73 and thanks for all the Qs.