[3830] NAQP SSB VE4EAR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE4EAR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:55:25 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:    3     2
   80:   45    19
   40:   69    29
   20:  211    39
   15:    2     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  330    91  Total Score = 30,030

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Not a full out effort. Certainly conditions were much worse on the lower bands
here compared to last year.

I was late starting due to an extended shopping trip with the XYL. T^hen
another 2 hour break to take the family out for dinner. Just when 40m was
starting to open up too. The family didn't seem to understand (or care) about
the optimum window for domestic 40m communications or the changing skip zones.
Trying to guilt them into delaying dinner was not going to work on them!

When I returned, 80m was a mess. high QRN and no place to try and run. Tried
running several times at different spots but no one could hear me I guess. So
80m was strictly S&P. Couldn't even hear the boys in MN on 80!

160m was better than 80 for receiving. I could hear hundres of signals, very
few heard me. I was using the 80m horizontal dipole so it is no wonder. Next
year I will have a better antenna for 160. I was planning on stringing
something up for this one, but the -42 deg C temps sort of changed my mind.

Thanks for the Q's and the patience!

Ed